|Doctoral supervisors||Available places||Themes and bibliography|
|Prof.univ.dr. Aurel ARDELEAN, PhD||Biology– 3 places||Themes/Bibliography|
|Prof.univ.dr. Daniela BRATOSIN, PhD||Biology – 5 places||Themes/Bibliography|
|Prof.univ.dr. Anca HERMENEAN, PhD||Biology – 2 places||Themes/Bibliography|
|Prof.univ.dr. Istvan KRIZBAI, PhD||Biology- 4 places||Themes/Bibliography|
Timetable of the admission to doctoral academic studies
|Publishing the ongoing and future topics of each PhD supervisor who has places published for competition for the 2016-1017 academic year||June 2016|
|Publishing the bibliography required for the candidates’ training for the written test attached for each PhD supervisor who has places published for competition for the 2016-1017 academic year||June 2016|
|Publishing of the models of the studies agreement||June 2016|
|Publishing the lists:
“Distribution on the Doctoral Schools and on the PhD supervisors of the places for the contest of admission to doctoral studies”
|Publishing the number of scholarships allowed for the session of admission of 2016-2017 and the amount approved by the Board of Directors and by the methodology||August 2016|
|The test of language skill is held in the Department of Applied Modern Languages (AML) of the Faculty of Socio-Human Sciences of the UVVG. For the candidates holding a certificate of language skill valid on the contest date, it has to be recognised by the Department of AML of the Faculty of Socio-Human of the UVVG, according to the list|
|Candidates’ registration||1-16 September 2016|
|Registration of the candidates from Member States of the European Union, of the European Economic Area and of the Swiss Confederation||18-29 July 2016*|
|Evaluation of the files submitted by the applicants||17-19 September 2016|
|Specialty exam||20-21 September 2016|
|Publishing the results and submission of the appeals||22 September 2016|
|Publishing the final results||26 September 2016|
|Contest for scholarship assignment||Week 3-7 Oct.2016|
* According to the DMNESR 3107/2016 for the approval of the Framework Methodology on the organisation of the admission in the Bachelor, Master and Doctoral academic studies for the academic year of 2016-2017, amended by DMNESR 3755/2016, the files of the candidates to doctoral academic studies from Member States of the European Union, of the European Economic Area, and of the Swiss Confederation are to be sent to CNRED by a University delegate with at least 30 days before the beginning of the studies program.
Terms of participation to the admission
◆ The candidate must hold a Master diploma or its equivalent, from the country and abroad, according to art. 153 para. (2) of the Act no. 1/2011, except for the graduates of the medicine faculties with Bachelor studies lasting for 6 years and totalising 360 ECTS.
◆ The contest registration is not submitted to requirement related to the field where the candidate has the Bachelor and Master diplomas, nor by his/ her citizenship, under the terms of respecting the applicable law regarding the studies equivalence.
◆ The citizens of the European Union Member States, of the states belonging to the European Economic Area or of the Swiss Confederation have access to doctoral academic studies under the same requirements as those stipulated by the normative acts for the Romanian citizens, including those regarding the fees (the fee for the admission contest, the fee of studies, the fee for defending the PhD thesis).
◆ The foreign citizens from countries which do not belong to the EU must be compliant to the Methodological Norms sent annually by the Ministry of Education and Scientific Research for the doctoral academic studies.
◆ On Bachelor and Master cycles of the academic education, the candidates must totalise at least 300 European transferable credits (ECTS), for the fundamental field of Sciences of the Nature and for the fundamental field of Medical Sciences – 360 credits;
◆ Candidatul trebuie să aibă media minimă 8,00 la examenul de licenţă şi o medie minimă de 8,00 la examenul de disertaţie (Diploma de Master) sau echivalent dacă sistemul de învătământ de unde provine are alt sistem de notare.
◆ The candidate must have the minim credit 8.00 at the Bachelor exam and a minimal mean of 8.00 at the dissertation exam (Master diploma) or equivalent if the educational system of origin has another grading system.
◆ The candidate has to submit the payment recipe of the IODS admission fee, established by the UVVG Board of Directors for the respective academic year, its value being published on the university website prior to the admission.
◆ The candidate has to submit a personal statement for not having disciplinary breaches during the years of study which might have been sanctioned by the University Commission of Ethics.
◆ The resident physicians have the right to register during their residency in a doctoral program and so to have simultaneously the statute of research assistant or academic assistant for a defined time span, being paid for both activities according to the law.
Registration to the contest
The candidate consults the list “Distribution on Doctoral Schools and PhD supervisors of the places for the contest of admission to doctoral studies” displayed on IODS advertisement board (Vasile Goldis University Campus, 86 Liviu Rebreanu St. Arad), and on university website.
The candidate pays the fee for the contest of admission to doctoral studies in 2016. The admission fee is 200 lei. The fee may be paid:
– At the University cashier’s office, 94-96 Bdul Revolutiei, Arad;
– By payment order, at any bank, in the account EUR: RO49BITRAR1EUR035032CC01, VENETO Bank, Arad; (lei) RON: RO74RNCB0015028152520001, BCR Bank Arad, of the ”Vasile Goldiș” Western University of Arad.
The candidate’s name is to be mentioned on the recipe, and there will also be the mention “The fee for registration at the doctoral studies contest, “Vasile Goldiș” Western University of Arad, The Doctoral School of ……………..”. The recipe is to be attached in the registration file to be submitted at the UVVG-IODS: “Vasile Goldiș” University Campus, Room A14, 86 Liviu Rebreanu St., Arad.
The file for registration in the admission contest is to comprise:
1. The registration option where is to choose for the PhD supervisor, the form of education/funding: full-time with scholarship/ fee or part-time with tuition fee (Warning! Consult carefully the models of studies agreement which you opt for, as they comprise different requirements concerning the frequency).
2. The Bachelor diploma (legalised copy) and the academic transcript or the diploma supplement (legalised copy); the graduates passing their Bachelor exam in 2016 may register and submit instead of the Bachelor diploma, a certificate mentioning the mean obtained at the exam and the mean grades for the years of study, as well as the number of credits accumulated during the studies;
3. The Master diploma (legalised copy) and the academic transcript or the diploma supplement (legalised copy); the graduates passing their Master exam in 2016 may register and submit instead of the Master diploma, a certificate mentioning the mean obtained at the dissertation exam and the mean grades for the years of study, as well as the number of credits accumulated during the studies;
4. Personal statement that he/ she had no disciplinary deviations during the years of study which were sanctioned by the University Commission of Ethics.
5. The foreign candidates who completed academic studies in other countries must present the proof for studies recognition by the Ministry of National Education and Scientific Research, issued by the National Centre of Diplomas Recognition and Equivalence (CNRED).
6. Certificate of language skill. (The test for language skill is to be held in the Department for applied modern languages of the Faculty of Socio-Human Sciences, Physical Education and Sport, after a program published on the website of the Doctoral School; the language certificates are to be recognized according to the options in the list published by the Applied Modern Languages on the doctoral school website.)
7. Birth certificate (legalised copy);
8. Marriage certificate (legalised copy);
9. Identity document (IB/IC/passport) (plain copy);
10. Medical certificate type M.H. 18.1.1;
11. Three photographs 3⁄4 format;
12. An envelope folder;
13. curriculum vitae;
14. list of published works;
In the application form for registration at the contest, each candidate will indicate for a PhD supervisor and will apply on one on the places approved by the Session in the respective session.
The procedure of foreign students registration, citizens who are not from the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) and not from the Swiss Confederation (CH) in order to participate in the contest of admission organised for the doctoral academic studies is regulated by the Disposition of the minister of education, research, youth and sports no. 6000/2012, together with the Disposition of the ministry of national education no. 3359MD of 11.03.2013
The foreign citizens have to submit a certificate of language skill in Romanian, issued by institutions empowered by the Ministry of National Education, validated by written and oral testing of the candidate, performed by the Department of Modern Languages of the University, if they choose for doctoral studies in Romanian and for drafting the thesis in Romanian. This certificate is required only for the candidates choosing to draft and support their thesis in Romanian.
The specialty exam consists of two tests:
a) a written test of specialty, based on the bibliography established by the PhD supervisor;
b) an interview where there are to be analysed the candidate’s scientific preoccupations in the field, his/ her research skills, the topic proposed for the thesis, and candidate’s prior results, as it results from the documents submitted upon the registration at the admission contest;
Contract of doctoral academic studies – PhD candidate with scholarship at full‐time education
Contract of doctoral academic studies – PhD candidate with tuition fee at full‐time education
Contract of doctoral academic studies – PhD candidate with tuition fee at part‐time education