The purpose and activity of the Entrepreneurship Center:
Development of VGWU of Arad entrepreneurial activities through specific actions of consultancy/business support, research, development and innovation, namely adults’ training and lifelong learning in entrepreneurship;
Defining and promoting “entrepreneurial offer” of VGWU of Arad by organizing vocational training courses, conducting studies/research, events and support – consultancy for the creation of companies in which students/MA students will be involved, etc.;
Forming transdisciplinary teams for the implementation of “entrepreneurial offers” accepted by partners from business environment and civil society, delivery of contract-based services to companies/organizations/institutions;
Collaboration with public institutions, local and county administrations, economic agents, NGOs responsible for the implementation of county and regional level social and economic policies, as well as a common execution of certain actions, conferences, symposiums, workshops and other entrepreneurship-related events;
Editing and printing of publications, studies, analyses, general interest research reports, promotional and information materials of the Center.
Organizational and functional structure of the Entrepreneurship Center:
- Entrepreneurship Center is subordinated to the Senate and the University’s Administrative Council;
The Advisory Board of the Entrepreneurship Center – a coordinating body of the Center’s activities, consisting of 17 representatives originating from:
- one representative from each faculty – 6 people;
- one representative of university’s subsidiaries – 5 people;
- representatives of business environment and civil society – 4 people (2 representatives per each sector: business environment and local community);
- Director and Secretary of the Advisory Board – 2 people.
The Center’s operational structure including the director and operational staff.
Entrepreneurial Actions of VGWU of Arad in 2015 – 2016:
ANC authorization (former CNFPA) and the organization of “Entrepreneurial competencies” course in order to improve professional skills of over 100 people from Arad, Bihor and Timiș Counties – a partnership between ”ITA GoldTech” Technological and Business Incubator & Entrepreneurship Center.
Organization of “Management, Marketing and Sales Techniques” course for the development of competencies and managerial & marketing skills necessary for the initiation and development of a sustainable business for over 40 people from Arad, Bihor and Zalău – a partnership between ”ITA GoldTech” Technological and Business Incubator & Entrepreneurship Center.
The number of partnerships of VGWU of Arad with business environment and civil society has increased, leading to over 70 agreements with business environment and civil society.
Support has been offered for the employment of high school and college graduates, in this regard, over 50 people have been employed by Arad County companies.
Specialized works required by business environmentand local community have been performed:
- The study “Skills required by employers from the Western region of Romania from graduates”, through the project “A career for your life! Career opportunities through counselling and vocational guidance – CARPEVITA”, where VGWU of Arad was the main beneficiary;
- The study on the barriers for the graduates’ entry into the labor market in the Western region of Romania, through the project “A career for your life! Career opportunities through counselling and vocational guidance – CARPEVITA”, where VGWU of Arad was the main beneficiary;
- The market study regarding the medical analysis’ laboratories in Arad County, based on funding provided by a private partner;
- The study “Analysis of paraclinic medical services in Romania” based on funding provided by a private partner;
- Analysis and evaluation of opportunities to include Arad municipality in European Cultural Routes, a document created for Arad municipality, as part of “My European City” project, in which the municipality is a partner, based on the funding offered by the Program “Europe for Citizens 2014 – 2020”, measure 2.2 – City networks.
Multiple social involvement actions have been conducted – blood donation and charitable action organization – “Gifts from the heart”.
Focus areas of Entrepreneurship Center:
Awareness raising on VGWU of Arad as a community-based and an entrepreneurial university.
Intensifying links with business environment and local community at each faculty in order to obtain revenues from entrepreneurial activities.
Formation of transdisciplinary teams of experts from business environment, academic staff, students and MA students in order to intensify the participation of VGWU of Arad in solving common problems of socio-economic environment in Western and North-Western Romania.
Entrepreneurship Center’s beneficiaries:
Local and regional public authorities;
Academic staff, researchers, students, MA students, PhD students and other social categories in the region, country and abroad.
„VASILE GOLDIȘ” WESTERN UNIVERSITY OF ARAD
Address: 85-87 Revoluției Boulevard, Arad
Phone./Fax: 004 0257 467 682