The „Vasile Goldiş” Western University of Arad,
calls for applications for a postdoctoral position
in the Institute of Life Sciences of the University in the framework of the project
Inflammatory processes of the neurovascular unit in the aging brain
– MS or equivalent degree in one of the following domains: biology, biochemsitry, pharmacy, medicine or veterenary medicine and other related fields
– PhD in biomedical sciences and other related fields
– good communication skills in English (spoken and written)
1. Signed and dated application letter
2. Statement about the correctness of the submitted data
3. Curriculum vitae and list of scientific publications
4. Motivation letter;
5. Copy of the high school diploma;
6. Copy of highest university degree
7. Copy of the university transcript (records)
8. Copies of the documents of possible other qualifications
9. Copy of the ID card
10. Copy of the certificate of birth . In case of name change copy of document attesting the name change
11. Copy of the work record
12. Criminal record
13. Medical certificate which attests that the applicant is employable from medical and psichological point of view
Selection of the candidates will be done in two phases
I Analysis of the submitted documents.
For the analysis the documents listed below should be sent electronically as well to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
CV, list of publications, copy about the university degree, motivation letter and a copy of the ID card
II Selected candidates will be invited to participate at an interview and a written probe. Bibliography for the written probe:
Bruce Alberts, Alexander Johnson, Julian Lewis, Martin Raff, Keith Roberts, and Peter Walter. Molecular Biology of the Cell, 5th Edition
Astrocyte-endothelial interactions at the blood-brain barrier.
Abbott NJ, Rönnbäck L, Hansson E.
Nat Rev Neurosci. 2006 Jan;7(1):41-53.
Neurovascular unit: a focus on pericytes.
Sá-Pereira I, Brites D, Brito MA.
Mol Neurobiol. 2012 Apr;45(2):327-47. doi: 10.1007/s12035-012-8244-2
In vitro models of the blood-brain barrier for the study of drug delivery to the brain.
Wilhelm I, Krizbai IA.
Mol Pharm. 2014 Jul 7;11(7):1949-63. doi: 10.1021/mp500046f.
“You Shall Not Pass”-tight junctions of the blood brain barrier.
Bauer HC, Krizbai IA, Bauer H, Traweger A.
Front Neurosci. 2014 Dec 3;8:392. doi: 10.3389/fnins.2014.00392.
– Basic research in a hot topic of neuroscience
– Possibility to visit foreign laboratories and join an international team
– Competitive salary in Romania
– Possibility to work in a well-equiped laboratory under the guidance of internationally established scientists in the field (see recent publications: Nyúl-Tóth Á, Kozma M, Nagyőszi P, Nagy K, Fazakas C, Haskó J, Molnár K, Farkas AE, Végh AG, Váró G, Galajda P, Wilhelm I, Krizbai IA. Expression of pattern recognition receptors and activation of the non-canonical inflammasome pathway in brain pericytes. Brain Behav Immun. 2017 Aug;64:220-231; Nyúl-Tóth Á, Suciu M, Molnár J, Fazakas C, Haskó J, Herman H, Farkas AE, Kaszaki J, Hermenean A, Wilhelm I, Krizbai IA. Differences in the molecular structure of the blood-brain barrier in the cerebral cortex and white matter: an in silico, in vitro, and ex vivo study. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2016 Jun 1;310(11):H1702-14.; Molnár J, Fazakas C, Haskó J, Sipos O, Nagy K, Nyúl-Tóth Á, Farkas AE, Végh AG, Váró G, Galajda P, Krizbai IA, Wilhelm I. Transmigration characteristics of breast cancer and melanoma cells through the brain endothelium: Role of Rac and PI3K. Cell Adh Migr. 2016 May 3;10(3):269-81.; Nagyőszi P, Nyúl-Tóth Á, Fazakas C, Wilhelm I, Kozma M, Molnár J, Haskó J, Krizbai IA. Regulation of NOD-like receptors and inflammasome activation in cerebral endothelial cells. J Neurochem. 2015 Nov;135(3):551-64.)
– Duration of the contract: 01.10.2017 – 31.12.2019.
The written probe and the interview will take place on 27.09.2017, at 14°°, at the Institute of Life Sciences , University Campus , Arad, str. Liviu Rebreanu nr 86.”
Supplementary scientific information: email@example.com
Documents should be should be submitted personally to the „Serviciul de Prognoză, Planificare, Strategii de Dezvoltare a Resurselor Umane”, in Arad, Bdul. Revoluţiei nr. 94-96 daily between 13:00-15:00 not later than 20.09.2017 or should be sent to Universitatea Vasile Goldis din Arad, Bulevardul Revolutiei Nr. 94-96, 310130 Arad with the mention “postdoctoral position”
Application documemts and bibliography will be posted on the homepage of the university www.uvvg.ro and www.ancs.ro/jobs and www.euraxess.ro
Further information can be obtained calling 0257/285891, between 9,00-16,00.