Within the institutional differentiation and diversification of the higher education system in Romania, the Faculty of Medicine within the Western University “Vasile Goldiş” develops autonomously, and responsibly undertaking the mission to integrates the new concept of border free medicine in the context of general strategy for integration in European structures:
- The mission to train medical staff – doctors, biologists and physiotherapists, with high skills, successfully integrated in the national and international labor market and to update their training, as well as to ensure through internship, in the first and second specialty, the training of professionals in the medical field. The specializations in the current structure of the Faculty respond to the requirements of the highly qualified labor market. The institution has proven its competence and responsibility that it can provide education services whose quality is compliant with national and international standards;
- The mission to generate and pass on scientific knowledge, by training graduates with a strong international dimension in research or academic directions, thus contributing to the enrichment of the universal knowledge heritage;
- The mission to supply the community with various social and cultural services;
- The mission to deliver entrepreneurial services requested by beneficiaries at quality and competitive terms.
In order to entirely achieving the undertaken mission, the Faculty of Medicine takes the following steps:
- Considering the level/the duration of the academic studies, it is a higher education institution combining the academic Bachelor studies level (3-6 ani) with those of Master, Internship and Doctoral studies.
- Considering the curriculum, the Faculty approached a new European academic curriculum for all its specializations;
- Considering the priority direction towards advanced and entrepreneurial scientific research, the Faculty of Medicine has the required facilities and human resources to individualize it both at national and international levels, by approaching topics of interest.
The activity of the Academic Corps aims to draw in more Bachelor, Master, Doctoral and Post-doctoral students by involving them in carrying out scientific research activities. In addition, they have been included in students’ clubs, round tables, scientific debates, sessions of scientific communication, in students’ and teaching staff’s sections, and thus achieving an excellent academic development that allows for the Faculty of Medicine and, implicitly, the Vasile Goldiș Western University of Arad to join the top rankings of the prestigious Universities at worldwide level.